Websites for Beginners - Starts Sept 24th
Websites for beginners. (Part I of II). Build websites in HTML5, CSS3. Learn industry tools, page construction, industry-specific terminology. No coding experience required!
*All ages welcome. Contact us with any questions.
- Week 1: HTML & CSS structure
- Introduction to the web
- Introduction to Front end Development
- Introduction to HTML & CSS syntax/proper structure
- Week 2: Using HTML & CSS together
- How to use CSS selectors
- HTML images
- HTML self-closing tags
- Web Design Best practices: SEO, Logos, and Navs
- Project Structure
- Week 3: Layouts
- Laying out a home page
- Learning Position and Display
- Learning Floats
- Week 4: Complete Website Structure
- Linking your pages together
- Photo editing with free software
- Site Structure best practices
- Typefaces and free fonts and icons
- Week 5: Make it Flashy - Media
- Including videos in your HTML
- Including audio in your HTML
- Duty-free media
- Linking to YouTube, Google Maps, Google Analytics
- Week 6: Putting it all Together
- Peer coding
- Industry Standards and Practices
- Next steps as a developer
Bring your laptop and power cord. No Chromebooks
Software: Aside from a text editor, such as Windows Notepad or Mac OS TextEdit, there are no required software applications to complete this course.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form below to register for this class.