*All ages welcome. Contact us with any questions.
- Week 1
- Programming workflow
- ES5 vs ES.
- Convention and best-practice
- The browser and the console
- Storing information with variables
- Object deep dive: Strings, Numbers, Floats, Booleans, Arrays, Objects
- Getting the Date
- How to do math with Math
- Week 2
- Creating and modifying and Array
- Coming full circle with Loops
- If. No? Then Else if. Still no? Then Else.
- Equal or not Equal. There's way more to that question.
- Week 3
- Shorter if's with a Ternary
- More than just variables
- Hoisting. A thing and yet not.
- Doing things with Functions
- These are not the DOM elements you are looking for. Targeting the DOM.
- If a user presses a key and no one is there to hear it... did it make a sound? Find out with Event Listeners!
- Week 4
- DOM da dom dom. Modifying the DOM.
- Acquiring the users info... from a form!
- This. That? Yes... this.
- Creating something from nothing. Or thereabouts.
- Week 5
- Objects. Everything is one. Kind of.
- Object Constructors. It's like a skeleton... we all have one.
- Tick... tock... tick... tock. Timers!
- Know your repeat customers. Saving info into browser memory.
- Week 6
- Getting data with JSON
- APIs with XMLHttpRequests
- Keeping your secrets safe with Closures
Bring your Laptop. No Chromebooks
Software: Aside from a text editor, such as Windows Notepad or Mac OS TextEdit, there are no required software applications to complete this course.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form below to register for this class.