*All ages welcome. Contact us with any questions.
- Week 1
- Programming workflow
- ES5 vs ES.
- Convention and best-practice
- The browser and the console
- Storing information with variables
- Object deep dive: Strings, Numbers, Floats, Booleans, Arrays, Objects
- Getting the Date
- How to do math with Math
- Week 2
- Creating and modifying and Array
- Coming full circle with Loops
- If. No? Then Else if. Still no? Then Else.
- Equal or not Equal. There's way more to that question.
- Week 3
- Shorter if's with a Ternary
- More than just variables
- Hoisting. A thing and yet not.
- Doing things with Functions
- These are not the DOM elements you are looking for. Targeting the DOM.
- If a user presses a key and no one is there to hear it... did it make a sound? Find out with Event Listeners!
- Week 4
- DOM da dom dom. Modifying the DOM.
- Acquiring the users info... from a form!
- This. That? Yes... this.
- Creating something from nothing. Or thereabouts.
- Week 5
- Objects. Everything is one. Kind of.
- Object Constructors. It's like a skeleton... we all have one.
- Tick... tock... tick... tock. Timers!
- Know your repeat customers. Saving info into browser memory.
- Week 6
- Getting data with JSON
- APIs with XMLHttpRequests
- Keeping your secrets safe with Closures
Bring your Laptop. No Chromebooks
Software: Aside from a text editor, such as Windows Notepad or Mac OS TextEdit, there are no required software applications to complete this course.
Please check back later or contact us.