Mobile Friendly Websites - Starts July 2nd
Mobile Friendly Websites (building on Websites for Beginners). (Part II of II) Build responsive websites. Learn responsive web concepts, CSS frameworks, advanced layout techniques with Flexbox and introduction to Photoshop.
*All ages welcome. Contact us with any questions.
- Week 1: Your Development Environment
- Local IDEs
- Connecting to Github
- Setting up your development environment
- Intro to Bootstrap
- Week 2: Bootstrap
- Learn the grid
- Git branches
- Professional workflow with git and Github
- Bootstrap components
- Media Queries
- Week 3: Make it Responsive
- Grid Breakpoints
- Build a basic responsive site from a design doc
- Bootstrap nav, jumbotron, tables, in-depth
- Flex box
- Week 4: Make it fancy
- Build a restaurant website
- Using provided media
- Intro to photoshop
- Toggleable Tabs
- Bootstrap Carousel
- CSS Transitions
- Week 5: Make Contact
- Manipulating carousel slides
- Build Contact Form from scratch
- Pseudo Selectors and Pseudo classes
- Week 6: Put a bow on it
- Hosting our site for free on Github
- Adding github contributors
- Contributing to open source projects
- Best practices for learning advanced CSS
Bring your Laptop. No Chromebooks
Software: Aside from a text editor, such as Windows Notepad or Mac OS TextEdit, there are no required software applications to complete this course.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form below to register for this class.